Floating Feather- Ayurevdic Sandalwood face mask
The use of sandalwood or chandan dates back to a thousand years; Egyptians used sandalwood for its medicinal properties and in rituals to honor their gods, which is not much different from its function in India.
This floating feather face mask contains:
- White and Red Sandalwood & Aromatic turmeric
- Controls oil production
- Controls acne
- Fades blemishes
- Leaves the skin looking fresh and clean
- Makes the skin texture feel soft and supple
- It is a great natural toner for the skin
- Suits all skin types
- It is a great anti- ageing face mask
- It smells great
Regular use of this mask will improve blood flow to skin, remove dead skin cells and debris and bring about smooth healthy glowing skin.
Mix 2 teaspoons of the powder with 4 teaspoons of water or rose water until a creamy consistency is formed.
If you suffer from dry, oily, acneic or dull skin, here's a few recipies for you:
How to Use:
For Dry Skin
When combined with coconut and almond oil, this mix will help to add moisture to the skin and prevent any burning caused due to dryness.
- 1 teaspoon face mask powder powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon almond oil
- Rose water
1. Mix powder with coconut oil and almond oil to make a paste.
2. Add a few drops of rose water as required.
3. Apply on the face and neck.
4. Let the pack sit for 15 to 20 minutes and wash it off with water.
For oily skin
The orange powder helps to extract the skin of any excess oil. Combining it with sandalwood makes the skin glow as well.
- 1 teaspoon orange peel powder
- 1 teaspoon face mask powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon rose water
1. Mix the orange peel and powder.
2. To the dry mixture, add the rose water. You may add more if required. Create a paste-like consistency.
3. Apply to the face and neck.
4. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Wash off with water.
Both dry and oily skin are prone to acne. Natural skin processes trigger oil secretion in dry skin, since it gets a signal from the brain to combat dryness. It traps oil in skin pores, which results in acne. This sandalwood face pack for acne could be the ultimate savior for people suffering from acne and pimples.
Use this face pack twice a day. Honey fights off pimple causing microbes, while sandalwood and rose petals (water) reduce oil, clear blemishes, and provide radiance.
- 3/4 teaspoon sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered rose petals (or rose water if the powder isn’t available)
1. Mix the powdered rose petals (sufficient drops of rose water) with sandalwood powder.
2. Add a few drops of honey to the mixture from step 1 and mix to make a paste.
3. Apply the pack on the face and neck. Leave to dry for 20 minutes.
4. Wash with tap water.
- Rose water
- 1 tablespoon of face mask powder
1. Add the rose water as needed to the sandalwood powder.
2. Create a paste and apply to the face and neck.
3. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Wash it off with water.
- This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, only for external use.
- Store in a cool dry place, out of reach & sight of children.
- Do not use if suffering from any allergies. Perform allergy test before using the product. Apply a small amount of the paste behind the ear. Wash it off once it dries. Wait for 24 hours, if there is no redness or itching it is safe to use.